Diamonds for Me?


posted by Jan

No comments

Diamonds they say are a girl’s best friend. Well, I do admire diamonds and jewelry, but I could not afford to buy one myself. When my husband proposed to me, was I really expecting one of those diamond engagement rings? Well, not really actually, and did not receive one, I was still elated at the fact that I was getting engaged.

I got a more significant ring which was studded with garnet stone. If you know us, I and my husband have the same birth dates and that would mean we do have the same birth stone - garnet. He's just one year older than me. And on the side of the garnet, there were two small diamonds on each side and he explained that it meant: I love you.

One big diamond or not, what matters is that I was shown true love and that I was special in my husband’s eyes. That special treatment is still being afforded to me added with two adorable kids, my world is already complete.