William Heyward


posted by Jan on

No comments

One night, my boy and hubby were having a very interesting conversation. My son was barely 3 years old that time and he told his daddy he wanted to be a doctor. I overheard the conversation and to make sure he knew what he was talking about, I asked him what the doctors do. He said to check mommy. I remember when I was pregnant with my second child that our boy was always with us on my monthly antenatal check ups. Well, I was surprised that at such a young age, he already knew what he wanted to be.

Probably, the same thing happened with this guy when he was still young. name spells success, especially in the medical world. William Heyward founded a Clinical Research Organization called Quattro Clinical Research. He did a consultation for a lot of medical companies especially on biotech/pharmaceutical companies that deals with infectious diseases like HIV infection, especially in women of the developing world... that sort of thing.

He was actually born in Atlanta, Georgia on June 15, 1950. He's just 5 years younger than my dad and yet he is such an accomplished person. He worked for over 20 years as a Commissioned Officer in the U.S. Public Health Service in Anchorage, Alaska. Alaskan Natives would have been really thankful for having him there to research about different infections in infants and children. He also undertook studies on botulism, hepatitis B virus infection, pneumococcal disease, primary liver cancer and such.