Jeremiah


posted by Jan

1 comment

I subscribed to this devotions for women... So I get a daily dose of encouragement...and it really helps me through the day.
_______________________________________________________
Today's verse:
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

God's plan is the expression of His love. Never in our lives will God ever express His plan except as an expression of His perfect love. God always has our best interests at heart. He'll take any situation a person is going through, even if it is a terrible one, and will use it for a good, overall purpose in one's life.
__________________________________________

It's good to be reminded once again about His purposes and plans. There are certain times that we forget about it... like when we're at our busiest, lowest, highest or in whatever situation that keeps us away from remembering His purposes in our lives.

Hmmm... got me to thinking... what really is His purposes for me? What are His plans? Sometimes, when I take a look at myself... busy with the kids, with all the housework in mind... and not forgetting that my husband would be coming home soon and i haven't cooked dinner yet... i get to thinking... Do I exist just because of them kids? Do I exist just to do housework and just be a wife?... a tag along during grocery shopping time? When all these come to my mind... and when there's no reassurance, I feel really down... and feel like I'm running around like a headless chicken... no direction, no goal.

But God, in His awesome faithfulness, reminds me... over and over again... like today...that... He has a purpose for me... plans... to give me life and a hope... His purpose that I would mother my kids. I have two great kids... imagine God giving me the chance to raise two future great people for the Lord! Imagine being a wife to a "great man" in the Lord!!! ... Imagine keeping a house where "great people" of the Lord come for rest, comfort and prayer!

Suddenly LIFE comes back to me... with hope, with meaning, with a purpose... to be a blessing to my kids, to my husband, friends, and nations! Isn't that awesome?

Thank you God for getting me excited again... thank you God for bringing me back to you. Thank you for today's encouragement. Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow, Lord. Good night!

1 comment