I'm So Blessed!


posted by Jan

2 comments

Just got back from a cocktail dinner hosted by the Singapore Consular Office in Malaysia. It was truly an honor to be able to go with hubby to this high-end dinner. Saw a lot ofbig-time people. I missed my friend S, though. Her hubby, who is the First Secretary of Singapore Consulate, was the one who invited us. Glad to have a catch up with him.

I always like the concept of cocktail parties. Everybody could mingle and go around. I liked the relaxed mode it brought to all the people. Hubby and I had a good time going around, checking what food they prepared, and who's wearing what. We especially took note of the penna cotta and cream brulee. There were mini tiramisus as well. It certainly brought back the memory of our wedding celebration. We did a cocktail dinner so everybody could relax, mingle around, and catch up with friends.


I am truly blessed to have a hubby like mine. I kept telling him I was so blessed. Imagine being in a party where everybody is addressed as excellency. Hehehe. I am truly blessed.

We actually left the house earlier coz we didn't know the condition of the traffic going to Kuala Lumpur. But surprisingly, the traffic was smooth so we reached Shangri-La Hotel one hour earlier.So we decided to hang around the lobby and ordered drinks. I ordered Irish Coffee because I was feeling cold. When I tasted it, the sugar wasn't enough. So I asked for brown sugar and it came like that in the image. Sugar on a stick.

Today's encouragement which I get daily in my email from christianwomantoday.com is really a good timing for it says:


"I take joy in doing your will, my God,
for your instructions are written on my heart.
I have told all your people about your justice.
I have not been afraid to speak out,
as you, O LORD, well know.
I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart;
I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power.
I have told everyone in the great assembly
of your unfailing love and faithfulness."

—Psalm 40:8–10

Encouragement for Today

This is the stance of the believer. It's not that we follow God's rules to win brownie points. He changes our heart so that we thrill to do God's will. God has written his law on our heart, and it's a glad thing for us to obey him. And when that happens, it's most natural to tell others the good news of what he's done for us. We almost have to share the good things God has done for us.

—Diane Eble, author of Abundant Gifts: A Daybook of Grace-Filled Devotions


So how can I not share the good things that God has done to me? He is so faithful to us and all He requires is to give Him back the glory for everything is from Him.

2 comments