My New Baby | Nikon SB-700 Speedlight


posted by Jan

No comments

Good morning, blogosphere!

It has been a long time since I really "blogged." If not for my new baby, I'd probably be waiting for heaven-knows-what to blog again.

And so, today, I want to introduce to you my new baby:

Nikon Speedlight SB-700 - a flash gun (courtesy of my travel blog) for my new Nikon D7000 (courtesy of the husband)




It just tickles me that yesterday, while considering buying a flash gun, I was feeling so nervous. LOL. Dunno why but... okay honestly, I feel nervous easily. It's probably because I drink too much coffee and coke. LOL.

And so, with the help of my photographer friend Jonathan, I decided to get this one. It's not as advanced as the SB-900 but it's good for a beginner like me who wants to explore Nikon flash photography.

I am so glad that finally, I am moving forward with my photographic pursuit. It has been a year since I first bought my first ever DSLR and I was quite slow the first several months. However, when I went to Ranong and saw my photographer friend, I had a chance to learn from him. I have learned so much that in just a couple of weeks, you can actually see the difference in my photos.

Why I chose SB-700? Like I said, it's good for beginners who want to explore more on the "brighter" side of photography. SB-700 features  a rotating head, built-in bounce card, a supplied diffuser and both incandescent and fluorescent filters. This is an easy-to-use, yet sophisticated flash in a compact body. It also boasts an intuitive interface and easy-to-understand operating system which is indeed good for a not-so-techy-know-how like me.

I probably need to get a remote flash trigger for my next project. What say you?