The Hobbit in 3D


posted by Jan on ,

No comments

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

The first book I read (courtesy of my friend Joe Williams) after watching The Fellowship of the Rings, the first in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was The Hobbit. So when I heard that Peter Jackson was going to do the movie, I was ecstatic.

What's more amazing is that they're filming The Hobbit in 3D. I am quite excited for it to come out... which will be in December 2012. That is quite a long way to go but still...

Also, since The Hobbit is shot in 3D, they're using 48 Red Epic Digital Cameras. I dunn o what it means but it just spells high technology making of the movie The Hobbit.

Here's the scene behing the Making of The Hobbit in 3D:



And so what have I been doing to prepare myself for The Hobbit? I watched The Lord of the Rings Trilogy which I finished watching last night. I bought myself one set of LOTR Trilogy that -of course- includes The Fellowship of the Rings, The Two Towers and The Return of the King... all original and all extended versions. Yeah, I know I spent quite a bit on this trilogy but I am sure it's worth investing and keeping this set. One day, I'm going to watch the trilogy with my kids, when they're ready.

I hope next year, in December 2012, when The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey comes out, they will be ready to watch it with me.

Synopsis:

First of Peter Jackson's two-part epic fantasy film, adapted from the 1937 J. R. R. Tolkien novel of the same name. "Lord of the Rings" director Jackson returns and also serves as producer and co-writer. "The Hobbit" follows the journey of titular character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of 13 dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever - Gollum.

Are you ready to watch The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey?