My Moka Pot / Stovetop Espresso Maker


posted by Jan

No comments

I finally got myself my own Moka Pot. I have been looking for Bialetti Moka Coffee Pot | Espresson Maker for a couple of months (since my friend mentioned about it, that is) now and I couldn't seem to find one near my area (Subang Parade and Sunway Pyramid). So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I was in Phuket and I went inside The Coffee Lover cafe and saw on the display this Moka Pot (image):



I bought it for 650Baht (around RM65), along with a pack of Gimoka L'espresso All' Italiana Caffe'Si coffee bean. It's obviously a copy of Bialleti but I guess I can make do with it until I find the original one.

Heard I can get one from Ikea or Ikano but I haven't been to those places for ages now.

The first thing I did when I got back home yesterday was to try it. I used the Kona coffee my sister sent me from Hawaii.

It was really good, full bodied, thick aroma coffee that would satisfy even a nostalgic soul.

And so, How to make a great cup of coffee using a Moka Pot? I searched youtube for an easy answer:



And so, I would like to welcome my Moka Pot to my coffee family. I enjoy drinking coffee. I love it brewed full bodied with milk froth on top.

Starbucks French Press, Milk Frother and Elba Coffee Maker: