Kids' Dreams


posted by Jan

No comments

I want to be a Pilot.

You can't be a pilot. You're a girl. (Yeah, I know. That's a silly statement)

Okay. I want to be a Pilot Teacher, then.

That's basically my conversation with my little girl. It's funny how we, parents, take our kids' what-I-want-to-be-when-I-grow-up talks. But then again, it's always nice to hear our kids telling us what they want to be when they grow up.

We change our ambitions overtime. One time, my son, Schenker, wanted to be a motorcyclist. Why not, I’d tell him. All he would need would be to buy some tourmaster jackets, a good bike and yes, lots of training and guts! Then he would not be that far from reaching his dreams.

Now, you ask him what he wants to be. There's one adamant answer:

I want to be an archaeologist, Mommy.