My Trip to South Korea


posted by janet on

No comments


First, I want to thank my sis-in-law, Dewi, and bro-in-law, Ramesh, for looking after the kids while my husband and I were away to Seoul, South Korea.

Anyways, I knew about this trip one year earlier so I sort of prepared slowly from saving money to getting to know what to do and what to wear (especially it's gonna be winter) in South Korea.

 We first went to Seongnam-gu to attend a conference. Stayed in a very nice hotel called Vine Hotel. It wasn't on the internet so we didn't know how exactly it was like.

   

To our surprise, we found jacuzzi in the room. Think all you like how we made use of it coz we
really did a lot. LOL

   

 I loved the bubble bath. The hotel amenity included bubble bath liquid (used all of them for my almost every day jacuzzi) one hair brush and comb, and other toiletries. They also included shaving cream and after-shave, toner and moisturiser. They have coffee and tea maker, too. That's when I discovered Korean tea. Now I am hooked with Korean tea.

   

 That's me (above image) at the subway train.

 The conference was held for 4 days. So it's basically just hotel and conference venue for 4 days for us.

 After the conference, we went to Gangnam where I booked our hotel. Tried Agoda, HotelsCombined and some other online agencies and found Agoda.com to be the cheapest. I book Star Gangnam Hotel. It's reasonably priced knowing it's at the centre of Gangnam. It's pretty convenient too as it is two stations away to COEX mall. The hotel is just 20 meter walk to the train station.

 




 Below image is the husband goofing around.


 
There's no way we can watch Breaking Dawn part 2 in Kuala Lumpur so we watched it in Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea. We paid 24$ for the two of us (shocked) but it was worth it.  

 I really enjoyed the trip. It was cold but we were made warm by Heattech clothing we purchased from UniQlo in Sunway Pyramid.