Nikon Coolpix S30 Waterproof Camera


posted by Jan

No comments

I have a trip coming up and thought it would be nice if I can bring a camera that I can use underwater.

And so today, I walked in to my favorite camera shop in Subang Parade, the Fotokem. Somebody came and asked me what I was looking for. And so I said, I wanted an underwater camera.

My regular attendant came behind and told me... "Ah.. for your favorite brand, we do have underwater camera, the Nikon Coolpix S30. I smiled at the thought of him remembering his regular customer. :)

I wasn't really looking for a good quality underwater camera. I was trying to see if I could find that 48RM underwater camera I saw when I was browsing an online shop called Lelong. But they don't sell those film types, the Fotokem.

But when I checked the Nikon Coolpix and compared it to the waterproof casing for a dslr, I thought it's better to get a small one with almost the same price as the dslr waterproof casing. I would be so scared to bring my D7000 under water, no matter how secure the casing is.

And so, yeah... I welcome Nikon Coopix S30 to my camera collection. I hope to be using it a lot for my upcoming trip.

Nikon Coolpix S30 price is 340RM, that's about 110$US. It comes with 2 AA batteries, pouch, and 8GB memory card.