The Book of Eli


posted by Jan

No comments

It's not a new movie. I guess it came out a few months ago. But I just recently watched it with the hubs. I loved the movie. I was wondering at first why they were wearing sunglasses. In fact, I thought they were glacier sunglasses but it's the opposite. They were really sunglasses to protect their eyes from the UV rays. They could get blind by just removing their sunglasses. So the movie revolved around the guy who wanted to get the Bible to the south. Hahaha. It's just so hard to follow the movie. There was a huge twist towards the end of the story. It was unbelievable.

And so this guy was carrying the Bible. And he was like going straight but there were a lot of hindrances but he was very determined to take the Bible to its destination. And so, he was kind of reading the Bible everyday.

The huge twist is that, in the end, it was revealed that he was blind. He was reading the Braille Bible! But since he was reading it for 3 years, he somehow memorized the whole Bible. There was one point that the Bible was taken away from him because there were others who wanted it for personal gain. But he went on to his destination, even without the Bible.

The final destination was a library. There's only one lacking book they wanted and it was the Bible. Since he didn't have the Bible anymore, he recited it while the other typed it.

Such great determination to fulfill his destination. The movie was such an encouragement. It has reminded me of the verses I posted recently, about Psalm 23...

though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me

The movie is a must watch. I want to see it again.