Mesothelioma, What is it, Really?


posted by Jan

No comments

The first time I heard about Mesothelioma, I didn't know anything about it. When I finally learned about it (through reading other blogs and google search), I was alarmed.

Mesothelioma, I learned, is a kind of cancer that is acquired through exposure of this substance called asbestos. It basically affects the mesothelium, a lining that covers most of the organ in the body.

It comes with other symptoms as well. So by the time it's a confirmed Mesothelioma, people who are affected will already have life expectancy and it would be too late to really do a proper diagnosis.


It is quite dangerous as even people who washes the clothes with asbestos have a risk of getting the cancer. A mesothelioma prognosis is kind of hard to tell as it only slowly develops.



I am just hoping that companies who are using asbestos will no longer use this dangerous substance and use alternatives instead.

I mean, we're talking about life here. The more we ban those dangerous substances, the more we save lives.