have you ridden a horse?


posted by Jan

2 comments

This is Shadowfax - the most beautiful of all horses - in the trilogy movies Lord of the Rings, that is. Gandalf used Shadowfax in calling out for the alliances. Not only he's the most beautiful horse, he also was the fastest. I can't forget the line Gandalf said to Shadowfax when they were about to leave: "Show them the meaning of haste." Woah, it gave me goosebumps, I tell you. I wonder if they used horse supplements for Shadowfax though because he ran around so much for three full days. Hehehe. Actually, in reality, you have to. I have ridden horses when I was young because mom and I would usually visit my father at the project site he was assigned. He was in an Engineering Battalion that time. So he would be assigned where no private contractors could go because of the danger and remoteness of the area. I loved those moments where horse owners would just offer their horses to be ridden. And they sure would give me the gentlest of all because I wasn't a professional rider (and that goes beyond saying of course). Have you ridden a horse?

2 comments

  1. Anonymous