Fish Spa - A New Trend


posted by Jan on

5 comments

I love going for spas. This was developed when I was in Phuket, Thailand as sauna houses were everywhere. You could do spa for a very cheap price plus an excellent service. When I moved to Malaysia, I discovered that going for spa (body, facial, foot, etc) wass not very cheap. So I had to wait until we had to travel to Thailand to do spa... until I found a book called Naturally Beautiful by Dawn Gallagher. She uses natural ingredients so the ingredients are not hard to find. I had been doing spa treatment for Peter and me (not regularly though). And it feels awesome after we do it.

But there's one trend I have discovered when I chanced upon a TV program about women issues and such. They featured this girl going for fish spa. I was so amazed at how people can just discover things like this. Imagine fish "kissing" or "nibbling" your skin. I'm pretty sure it's ticklish.

What are the benefits of fish spa? The fish, as many spa goers say “kiss the skin”, ridding it of all affected and dead skin areas, leaving the healthy skin untouched to continue to grow and repair. The process is both painless and strangely wonderful, leaving behind a unique pleasant tingling sensation. Skin is left smooth, glowing and looking healthier.

I have found that there's a fish spa salon in Subang Parade, a mall me never miss going to. It has been there for quite sometime and only a couple of weeks ago I noticed it was there! And it's 38RM/hour. That's about 10$ for an hour! Going for fish spa is definitely in my to-do list now.

5 comments

  1. Anonymous
  2. Anonymous