definitely, maybe


posted by Jan on

No comments



Last night, I and kids had a movie time while waiting for daddy to come home. I thought of watching definitely, maybe, the movie, as I heard from others that it was good. Of course, as you can see, i'm a bit outdated as this movie came out last June 2008 only. Anyway, as the saying goes: better late than never, so I watched it. Ryan Reynolds acted as Will Hayes, a 30-something Manhattan dad in the midst of a divorce when his 10-year-old daughter, Maya (Abigail Breslin), started to question him about his life before marriage. Maya wanted to know absolutely everything about how her parents met and fell in love. This is probably a typical American setting. Imagine s3x education being taught among 8-year olds already. And to think that Maya was the one who pushed her dad to be "happy" was quite unbelievable. Will Hayes was also telling his daughter all his flings and things he did which was quite taboo to tell to a very young girl. Thumbs down, but of course, it was entertaining.

Well, the good thing was, my kids didn't really stay on and watch. They went on their own, playing with their toys, while I was nicely watching the movie. I watched the movie without being interrupted. That's a good thing. I wonder if I was sitting on one of those discount home theater seatings, I would probably have a grander movie time.