Burlesque


posted by Jan on

No comments

I got to watch Burlesque with the hubs today at Summit USJ, GSC Cinema.



The Burlesque Lounge has its best days behind it. Tess, a retired dancer and owner of the venue, struggles to keep the aging theater alive, facing all kinds of financial and artistic challenges. With the Lounge's troupe members becoming increasingly distracted by personal problems and a threat coming from a wealthy businessman's quest to buy the spot from Tess, the good fortune seems to have abandoned the club altogether. Meanwhile, the life of Ali, a small-town girl from Iowa, is about to change dramatically. Hired by Tess as a waitress at the Lounge, Ali escapes a hollow past and quickly falls in love with the art of burlesque. Backed by newfound friends amongst the theater's crew, she manages to fulfill her dreams of being on stage herself. Things take a dramatic turn though when Ali's big voice makes her become the main attraction of the revue. source: imbd.com

Burlesque is starred by the famous singers Cher and Christina Aguilera. It's my first time to take a close look at Christina actually. LOL. And I thought she's quite cute.

Anyways, the story was quite entertaining as it really shows the life in Hollywood. Not that I have ever lived in Hollywood and I knew how they lived.

But I had a chance to walked around Hollywood and thought you could do anything you want and nobody would care.

Then there was Rodeo Street where there was a shopping haven for the well off... I could only look and wish from afar. But I saw this scene - an old white man driving a convertible. He was driving around Rodeo Street. I knew because we were waiting for our friend to pick us up. Then he stopped right in front of that Louis Vuitton Boutique and minutes later, there were three ladies that came, hopped into the convertible and drove he did, all of them giggling and what not. Just an ordinary scene in Hollywood, I guess.

And so while watching Burlesque, I could relate in some parts where she did some dance practice while walking on the streets.

Anyways, if you want to be entertained, go watch Burlesque.