Paleo for Kids | Cauliflower and Broccoli Fritters for Breakfast


posted by janet on , , , ,

2 comments

It's an adjustment for kids to eat cooked food for breakfast. For one, they usually eat either cereal with milk or bread with Skippy or bread with Nutella for breakfast. If I am not lazy enough, I would make french toast drizzled with honey for them and that's all.

Since I want them to live a Paleo lifestyle that I have been doing, I decided to make something Paleo for breakfast for them.

Cauliflower and Broccoli Fritters.

Ingredients are:

broccoli (diced)
cauliflower (diced)
Haloumi cheese (grated)
2 eggs (beaten)
garlic powder
sea salt
mixed herbs
coconut oil

Here's how to make cauliflower and broccoli fritters:

1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan (I use medium heat).
2. Mix all the ingredients.
3. Form patties out of the mixture.
4. Fry until brown on both sides.
5. Enjoy! My kids did. <3


Before frying in coconut oil.


Paleo for kids | Cauliflower and Broccoli Fritters for Breakfast





You must have noticed that I use a lot of Haloumi cheese for my cooking. Haloumi is a goat cheese and it is widely acceptable for those Paleo dieters. I use feta cheese from time to time, too, though.

Anyways, this recipe is a winner for my kids!

I can't wait to try other Paleo recipes for breakfast for my kids. :P


2 comments