Paleo for Kids | Coconut and Almond Muffins


posted by janet on , , , ,

No comments

I just realized I have a coconut flour right under my nose. And I was like... :Why is it so hard to find you, coconut flour?

Anyways, I bought a couple pack of dessicated coconut and I could actually use a blender and turn it into coconut flour. Although I have spoiled my blender in the process, left too long to blend the dessicated coconut, it's quite worthy to realize I could get a coconut flour wherever I am.

Also, through googling  it, I realized I knew how to make virgin coconut oil. I used to do it for my hair on my younger days. Just didn't like the after-smell.

I will definitely make my own virgin coconut oil next time, once I get a chance to go to the market to buy meself coconut.

Anyways, yeah... coconut and almond muffins for breakfast for my kids? Why not!

Here are my ingredients:

1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup organic almond powder
1/4 cup organic honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 eggs (beaten)
2 tbs virgin coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Here's how to make coconut and almond muffins the Paleo way:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the eggs, baking powder, coconut oil, sea salt and honey.
3. Add in coconut flour and almond powder. Mix well.
4. Line the paper cases with olive oil in the muffin tin.
5. Place the mixture into paper cases halfway.
6. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.

Tada!! It's a big hit! 

Paleo for Kids | Coconut and Almond Muffins