Paleo for Kids | Sweet Potato Pancake


posted by janet on , , , ,

No comments

I am giving primal food another try. I had to google up all the information I could get to be able to start again. I googled up some kid-friendly Paleo recipes and found Sweet Potato Pancake very interesting.

Apparently, sweet potatoes are Paleo food. And if you're doing Paleo diet, sweet potato would become your staple in your pantry. Anyways, I like to modify stuff because I can't follow cooking instructions and I usually do my own measurements. Made sweet potato pancakes this morning. Had to wake up at 5am to get me started.

Here are the ingredients:

Sweet potatoes (baked, peeled and mashed)
Coconut milk
Almond powder
Vanilla extract
Eggs
Olive oil
Honey (optional)

Mix all the ingredients.

Heat the olive oil in a pan at medium heat.

Scoop up the mixture and cook until it turns golden brown. Flip over and take out once the other side turns golden brown.

You may drizzle with honey. My kids love honey so I used it. I, personally, skipped honey because I am into Keto Diet.

Did I just say I'm doing Paleo diet? 

LOL. Anyways, they're quiet similar but I am doing Paleo slowly because I am doing it with my kids.

Here's my sweet potato pancakes, Paleo style.

Paleo for Kids | Sweet Potato Pancakes