Paleo for Kids | Ratatouille with Bacon


posted by janet on , , , ,

No comments

Yay! I finally made my own Ratatouille, my own style. I added a little bit of bacon bits (leftover from this morning's oven-baked egg with bacon) to make it the vegies tasty for kids.

It's my first time to cook ratatouille - I have actually been wanting to do it - and I'm giving myself a pat on the back for making it because I thought it was really delish! Hahaha. Forgive my over self-confidence. I am just happy it turned out well.

Here are the ingredients for my very own Ratatouille with bacon:



1 Zucchini
2 medium sized eggplants
half red capsicum
half yellow capsicum
half green capsicum
cherry tomatoes (because I forgot to buy tomatoes)
fried bacon bits.
1 large onion
garlic
herbs
garlic powder
sea salt
extra virgin olive oil


Here's how I did my Ratatouille with bacon dish:

1. Cut the zucchini, eggplants and capsicums in cubes.
2. Brown the eggplant in medium heat with the extra virgin olive oil.


3. Take out the eggplant, brown the zucchini.


4. Take out the zucchini and brown the capsicum.


 5. Take out the capsicum and add oil to the pan, sautee the garlic and onion until golden brown.
6. Add in the bacon bits.
7. Add all the browned cubed veggies (zucchini, eggplants, capsicums)
8. Add the cherry tomatoes which are cut in half.
9. Throw in pinch of sea salt, herbs and garlic powder.


10. Simmer until cooked.

Paleo for Kids | Ratatouille with Bacon

 Serve while hot.

I served it with the left over beef patties I made last night which is waiting for me to blog about. Hehehe.

Till next time. And if ever you try doing this, let me know how it turns out.

I am loving my Paleo lifestyle.

The secret of a good ratatouille is to cook the vegetables separately so each will taste truly of itself. —Joël Robuchon, The Complete Robuchon