LDR (Long Distance Relationship) | Will It Work?


posted by Jan

2 comments

I was just interacting with a friend on Facebook who just got engaged to her British boyfriend. I could just imagine how they're feeling right now being away from each other. It reminds me so much of how my husband and I have gone through with an LDR - Long distance relationship.

You see, I was posted in Thailand and he was in Malaysia. It was really hard for both of us. That time, there was only Yahoo Messenger and phone calls which would cost up to 5,000 Baht for me (sometimes). There was no budget airline yet. Airasia was still in the making that time. And so my husband would brave through train/bus traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Hatyai to Phuket just to see me.

It was hard when I think about it... but in love, there's no such thing as impossible. You would brave anything just to go through it... or through that person.

If both are right for each other, it's worth the hardship, too. In the end, you will appreciate each other more. And what do they say about lovers being far from each other? Distance indeed makes the heart grow fonder.

Why do I feel lovey dovey tonight? Hmmm... Sugar and Richard are both to blame.

Here's to both of you... may God bless your relationship. May you enjoy getting to know each other better... and let distance make your heart grow fonder.


2 comments

  1. Anonymous