Paleo for Kids | Coconut and Almond Bread


posted by janet on , , , ,

No comments

Inspired by www.amazingpaleo.com's coconut bread recipe, I made my own but modified it according to what I have at home.

Instead of using coconut flour (although I made yesterday, it's not enough for today's bread and besides, I have spoiled my blender when I was trying to make my dessicated coconut finer), I used dessicated coconut and added 1/3 of almond powder.

Ingredients:

  •        1 cup dessicated coconut
  •        1/3 cup organic almond powder
  •        6  eggs (whisked)
  •        ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
  •        ¼ cup  coconut milk
  •        ½ teaspoon sea salt
  •        1 teaspoon baking soda
  •        oil to spray the baking pan
  •        1 tbs natural honey
Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the bread pan with oil and set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredients (dessicated coconut, almond powder, baking soda and sea salt) together in a mixing bowl.
4. Mix wet ingredients (eggs, olive oil, coconut milk and honey) together in a mixing bowl.
5. Combine both wet and dry ingredients. Mix well.
6. Pour mixture into your bread pan and bake for 45 minutes (or until you do the knife-test and it comes out clean).
7. Let cool for 30min to 1hr.

My two Paleo helpers

Paleo for Kids | Coconut and Almond Bread
Tip for Moms:

One way to encourage them kids to eat what you prepare is to get their hands on whatever you're preparing and give them ownership of the cooking themselves. It's a proved success. -Janet Luison