Paleo for Kids | Pizza Cauliflower Crust


posted by janet on , , , ,

No comments

Planned to make pizza after church today. But when we came back from church, I and the hubs decided to take a nap first. The one thing about this Paleo lifestyle is, it brings back my nap times. I actually stopped having naps after giving birth to my son. No matter how much I tried to lie down and sleep in the afternoons, I just couldn't. It has been like this for the past 9 years.

But starting last week, I could nap like crazy. It even brings back my 2-level dreams in my naps. What do you call that again? Inception? Yep. I just had an inception, only, it has two levels. I was trying to wake up in my dream, I even washed my face in my dream so I could wake up. But it still was a dream. Hahaha.

Anyways, I woke up at 6pm, finally. I dragged myself because my eyes still wanted to droop.

I intended to make pizza. It's a good thing I chopped my ingredients before I went to church today.

So yeah, we're having pizza. You may think it's unhealthy with all the carbs in the crust. The thing about living Paleo style is you can substitute a lot of things. So yeah, today, I substituted cauliflower for a flour for pizza crust.

Also, thanks to the internet for free recipes online. Who needs a cookbook now? Although of course, I would still kill for a Paleo CookBook.

Anyhows... here it is, my cauliflower crust for our pizza before putting it in the oven.


Recipe for cauliflower crust:

Ingredients

One whole cauliflower head, chop until rice-like texture
2 eggs
2 tbs dessicated coconut
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
garlic powder
dry herbs

Mix all the ingredients together. Place on a pizza dish. Place in a preheated oven at 350 F for 25 minutes.
Take out the cauliflower crust.
Put all your choice of toppings.
Put back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy!


It smells like Italian bread with all the spices and herbs I mixed in.


I love the smell of rocket leaves on my pizza.

Here it is after I took out from the oven.



Served 4. Just nice for the 4 of us.


I didn't quite like my tomato sauce. I accidentally made that dislike face in front of my family. The kids then blurted out: Mommy, it's not nice???

 The husband wanted to rescue, took a bite and said. "Mmmm.. It's nice what."

Schenker: Daddy, are you just lying because you want to please Mommy? It says in my book "Flattery usually works with women."

I smiled a little at my son's remark.

Kids, they grow up fast.

But I am glad that Schenker said: Mommy, can you put this in your list of my Paleo favorites?

Me, giving it back to him: Are you just flattering Mommy?

He giggled and said Noooooo.

LOL.

I am loving my family's Paleo moments.