Paleo for Kids | Meatloaf


posted by janet on , , , , ,

No comments

Meatloaf. I'd been wanting to do my own. I tried copying fedandfit.com's Paleo Meatloaf but I it's not what I expected it to be. Okay. I modified a bit. I think that's why it didn't come out nicely. I was just making do with what I had... so...

Here are the ingredients:



LOAF
  • Ground Pork 
  • Bacon Bits
  • Shredded Carrots
  • Chopped  Onion
  • Chopped Green Capsicum
  • Chopped Yellow Capsicum
  • Chopped Red Capsicum
  • Chopped Fresh Cherry Tomatoes (I don't have tomatoes yet)
  • ½ cup Almond Powder
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp SeaSalt
  • ½ tsp Black Pepper
SAUCE
  • 1 can 15 oz Tomato Sauce (I prefer organic)
  • 3 Tbl Dijon Mustard
  • 2 Tbl Balsamic Vinegar

Using your hand, mix all the loaf ingredients together.
Place the mixture into the baking dish
Bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.


 After 45 minutes, take out from the oven and set the oven to 450 degrees.


Mix all the sauce together.
Slather on the loaf.

Put back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes
Take out from the oven and let cool slightly.



Serve. 


Verdict: I know where I've gone wrong.. so yeah, it could be better next time.