Paleo for Kids | Super Fudge-y Chocolate Brownies


posted by janet on , , , , ,

No comments

Because my kids deserved it.

They have been so good in eating what I prepare for them... although they don't like most of them, they're still okay to eat Paleo food.

So yeah, I made this #Paleo treat for them:

Super Fudge-y Chocolate Brownies.

It's so healthy you won't feel guilty of eating all of them in one go. It doesn't have any flour, not even gluten-free flour.

I made this with almond and cashew nut butter. I made my own nut butter because, yay, the husband bought me a new blender!





Ingredients:

1 cup homemade almond and cashew nut butter
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder


1. Whisk almond and cashew nut butter with coconut palm sugar, coconut oil and egg.
2. Add baking soda and cinnamon powder and cocoa powder. Whisk until mixed well.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 25 minutes.

Serve with anything you like.

In my case, I served it with pineapple smoothie because, yes, the husband has finally bought me a blender replacement. Didn't I say that already?

And yeah! This chocolate brownies is such a big hit with the kids. 

Because they deserved such Paleo treats!

Update: I warmed up the brownies after school to give to the kids for their snack time:

Samantha: This is better than what Daddy usually buys from outside. This is the best in the world!
Schenker: Yes, I agree. The best in the world. Why don't you open a restaurant, Mummy?