Paleo for Kids | Baked Egg in Portobello Mushrooms


posted by janet on , , , ,

No comments

I love 'em 'shrooms. I cook them every chance I get. I have cooked stuffed portobello mushrooms a few times but I could never get enough of 'em. This time, I am trying out baked eggs in portobello mushrooms. And it's equally good.

Paleospirit.com inspired me to make this dish. But I modify mine a little bit. I don't have prosciutto. So I went ahead without it.

So here's how I did mine.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 medium sized portobello mushrooms
Himalayan salt
garlic powder
paprika
English parsley
extra virgin olive oil


1. Take out the stem and scrape a little bit of mushroom meat to make way for the egg. Rub olive oil on the mushroom caps.
2. Crack the egg, making sure it doesn't run.


 3. Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt and add some diced parsley.



4. Make one more if one is not enough.


Here you go...

Put into the pre-heated oven at 375 F for 20 minutes or depends on how you want your eggs done. I like mine to be half-baked. Here it is, my baked eggs in Portobello mushrooms.


The egg ran a little bit during cooking time... but it's fine with me.

There's just a lot of health benefits of Portobello mushrooms. It is rich in fiber and simply nutrient dense mushroom. Portobello belongs to cremini family of mushrooms. Portobellos are bigger compared to other mushrooms and they take up so much space but they have little calories in them. It's pretty good if you want to lose weight.