Birthday Planning Continues


posted by Jan on , , ,

6 comments

I have finally started doing some stuff for my son's 4th Birthday Celebration on Monday, 27th October. We did some grocery shopping last Sunday a Cold Storage in Ikano. Yeah, I know it's to far to be groceries shopping there. But we were at Ikea last Sunday to buy some things and since there was a supermarket nearby, we just decided to buy our groceries there. It wouldn't be ideal to come back to Subang Jaya to go to Carrefour just to buy groceries. We found almost everything we needed for his birthday there. Birthday planning is fun... but I get a bit nervy. I don't know why. I always feel like this everytime I organize parties. Is it called party jitters? LOL. Anyways, just want to check off my list from my previous post about my son's 4th birthday planning:
  1. work on the guest list with my boy. he already has a list of his own which includes his classmates, his cousins, and his grandparents.- check
  2. work on my dishes. i'm planning on a mixed dishes. and asking my mother-in-law to cook indian dishes, I cook some western dishes and some finger food for the kids. - check
  3. work on the decoration. - check. i mean we bought what we want to put up on that day already.
  4. work on the loot bags. my gosh. i can't believe I haven't done a thing for this one yet. - check. done already.
  5. search the internet some cup cake recipes and cup cake designs.- check.
  6. order birthday cake. check. ordered from grace. she does really awesome cakes. I thought of baking the cake myself since I did his birthday cake for his 2nd birthday. But thought I'll have no time to bake his cake and do decorations because I don't have a helper this time to help me with the preparation. Ordering is the best option for now.
  7. book a clown. check. this is probably the highlight of the party.
  8. buy his birthday gift. check. did this during the Lego sale last August. Hehehe. I'm getting clever, hey?
His theme for his party is Thomas and Friends theme. So I bought some Thomas and Friends stuff for the decorations. I asked him to choose actually (along with Barney and Pooh Bear)... but he chose Thomas and Friends. I keep forgetting he's too old for Barney and Pooh Bear already. Hehehe. Well, there's much more things to do like:
  1. do a bit of house spring cleaning
  2. wash the curtains
  3. wash the couch covers
  4. buy a jug for drinks - i've been wanting to buy this one for a long time now. need to buy really soon so we can use for the party.
Planning a birthday for kids is fun. I am enjoying myself (just a bit nervy - have I told you this before?). Anyways, hope everything works well on that day. I just want this one to be memorable for my son. He's already 4 years old and he's capable of enjoying his party already. So I pray that it will be a blast.

6 comments

  1. Anonymous
  2. Anonymous